A people-oriented, software expert responsible for understanding strategic goals, making high-level design choices,
determining technical standards, and ensuring that decisions are communicated, understood, and, ultimately implemented.
An architect is a technical driving force, focused on the delivery of tangible results while also mentoring, coaching and
directing the day-to-day activities of other team members. A successful architect manages the quality of the team
through both internal development, and the identification of outside resources and new team members.
- Technical leader on projects with the authority to make technical decisions
- Understands and guides developers through the software development process and life cycle
- Understanding of the business domain and assists in defining product requirements with stakeholders
- Applies design patterns, and makes architectural recommendations to accelerate development and avoid or reduce
- Experience with multiple high level languages and implementation frameworks
- Effective language skills: speaking, writing, and presentation abilities to communicate with stakeholders
- Ability to make decisions in an environment of imperfect information, tight time frames and pressure to deliver
- Awareness of organizational politics to ensure communication with the right stakeholders at the right time
- Negotiation skills to minimize architectural risk and determine mutually-agreeable requirements
- Advocate for non-functional requirements to ensure success, performance, scalability, security and maintainability